Last time the Typical Student team publicized sad mass shootings statistic for US schools, the count stopped on 101 shootings for May 2018. Now, in November, we have to make a regrettable update, as the number of mass shootings in US schools has doubled over the past 6 months.
US School Shootings: Facts & Figures
- According to the GunViolenceArchive list of mass shootings, there has been 307 mass shootings in US to date.
- As told by BusinessInsider, 316 days into the year, US has had nearly as many mass shootings as days in 2018.
- Turns out, US citizens, students included, are more likely to die from gun violence than from any other common causes of deaths. About 11K people die in the US from firearm assault every year.
- The total number of mass shootings 2108 victims is shocking: 330 people have been killed, 1247 injured.
What Are The Deadliest Mass Shootings In 2018?
According to the GunViolence Archive statisitc, here are the deadliest school shootings in 2018:
- Parkland schooting that happened at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School has been the deadliest school shooting in 2018. The tragedy that happened on February 14 in Pompano Beach (Parkland), Florida and took away the lives of 17 students leaving 17 people injured.
Parkland Shooting victims / via sun-sentinel.com
- Shooting in Thousand Oaks, California, that happened on November 7 took the lives of 13 people leaving 2 people injured.
- Shooting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, that happened on October 27 took the lives of 11 people and left 7 people injured.
- Shooting in Santa Fe, Texas, that happened on May 18 took the lives of 10 people leaving 13 people injured.
The Typical Student team expresses sincere condolences to the families of the victims.